- Place the unit in the pond.
- Submerge the unit until the pump chamber and the container are completely flooded.
- Ensure that the skimmer flap is in the correct position.
- If necessary, anchor the unit to limit its movement radius. To achieve this simply fasten a cord at
the lug of the pump chamber and anchor the other end of the cord at the edge or bottom of the pond.
- The collection basket will fill with debris so should be regularly emptied.
- Remove the basket and foam filter entirely for regular cleaning (use pond water).
- Periodically the pump may require cleaning.
- Open the pump cover with the bayonet closure and remove the impeller.
- Clean all components with clean water and a soft brush.
The skimming action is created using an inbuilt 2500 litre per hour pump which is attached to the pond skimmer.
The pump pulls the water and debris through a plastic mesh strainer basket where it can be simply rinsed and removed and then returns the water to your pond.
Very Easy to use and well made Skimmer and very effective, saves the hassle of having to keep going round with a net and collecting dead leaves which i found very annoying, now i can leave the skimmer to just float around collecting up all the debris and rinse it out every couple of weeks, a great luxury - well worth the money just for the time and hassle it saves!!