Powerful Solar Powered Water Pump for Pond with Battery Backup
Buy Solar Powered Water Pump with Battery Backup, Perfect for Waterfalls, Water Filtration or Fountains. Best Prices, Great Reviews, Fast Free UK Delivery
Need a Powerful Pond Water Pump?
High Quality pump with CE, RoHS and REACH certification, environmental friendly and safe, 70 ( 2 x 35 w) watts polycrystaline solar panel. The pump comes with dry run protection and a built in timer which allows the pump to turn itself on for interval of 10 minutes in every hour ( very useful for winter operation and oxygenation of pond )
The water pump has long life brush-less motor and can lift water to 3m (tube head height) through a tube under optimum conditions. It runs on 12V to 18V low voltage DC supply. No 240V mains power involved, so it is far safer
During winter it is important not to let your battery go flat when storing the fountain
Rate this product
Please rate this product, describe its advantages and disadvantages, please share your impression about its use
5 meters between battery and pump, and 5 meters between solar panel and battery
The pump has dry run protection Also Locked Rotar Protection
Charging voltage and power:
DC 18V, Maximum input power 75W Output 1 voltage and power: DC 6V, Maximum output power 4W Output 2 voltage and power: DC 12V, Maximum output power 12W Output 3 voltage and power: DC 18V, Maximum output power 30W Output 4 voltage and power: DC 12V, Maximum output power 12W
1.Solar panel and ground spike 2.Pump 3."Y" connector 4.Extension cable 5.Battery station 6.Hose connection 7.Gland nut
- Connect the two solar panels and the NPUT; cable on the back of the battery station through the Y connector and the extension cable as shown in the figure above, and then tighten the plug protection screws.
- Install the solar module at a sunny place, adjust the angle and make sure the solar panels are facing SOUTH toward mid day sun Insert the pump plug to the 18V OUTPUT (port 3 ) socket of the battery back-up, and also tighten the screw.
- Mount the hose connection to the Pump Outlet by using the enclosed gland nut. Thanks to the ball joint design, the angle of the hose connection could be adjusted under water when necessary.
- Attach the hose onto the outlet of the hose connection. The hose connection is suitable for various hose diameters (inside diameter 25,32 or 38 mm).
- Place the pump fully underwater.
- Turn the switch to the position "ON". The green LED illuminates. The solar pump is starting to operate. The LED may illuminate RED while it operates at first time, because the battery will lose energy slowly in stock. It just needs to be charged for 2 to 3 hours in the sunlight, then it will change to GREEN and the pump starts to work.
- The pump will automatically stop running while the battery is discharged to its lower limit voltage, and the red LED illuminates at the meantime.
When the battery is reaching to its starting voltage, the LED will flash RED-GREEN twice every 10 seconds for an hour. Then the pump will automatically operate and the LED illuminates GREEN again.
- Turn the timer switch to the position "ON", the pump works 10 minutes every hour. It can save the battery energy in this operating mode, especially for winter or cloudy day use.
If you want to have long operating time in the evening, then turn the switch to "OFF" position during the day and turn it "ON" whenever you need.
I was looking for a solar pump to put in a tank and power a short garden stream. This was the most powerful I could find online, claiming it could lift the water 3 metres. Not only does it do that comfortably, but the battery is brilliant. It works all day and late into the evening even on cloudy days with no sunshine. Excellent!
Powerful Solar Powered Water Pump !!
We have two ponds one feeds the other from a stream at the top, the drain is faster than the flow of water going in so the bottom pond always becomes filled up to overflowing... there is no chance of having mains there as it is a field about 100 meters away from our house, so we opted for this solar powered pump, connected some tubing to it (we narrowed down the tubing with a connector so it went further up the hill on first attempt garden hose size was too wide for the distance we needed 5 meters so converted it down to 10 mm with a widget) : result is brilliant, it doesn't work 24/7 in fact in winter we don't get that much usage from it to be honest although it kicks in to life from time to time but we kind of expected that, but during the whole summer it chugged away nicely for hours on end and did a grand job, we spoke to nath & he sorted everything for us worth noting that he is very knowledgeable and helpful thank you Nath its a great - does a really good job